Monday, April 20, 2009

If only...

ALL CHARACTERS ARE FICTITIOUS AND HAVE NO RESEMBLANCE TO ANYONE.AND I'M BACK.!!!


And she sat in her favourite corner in the dark.crying,thinking,contemplating.

As he walked into my life,as a friend,an angel always there in my hardest moments making me laugh,
Pleading guilty; I didnt let him in sooner,into my happiness.Selfish I was,I didnt know I was cutting his soul into half.
I was in love,an unknown magical made up world of bliss,knowing that this was love,
I ducked,ignored but finally I had to tell him that it wasn't him.Like an undertaker I had to shove.
But yet he was there,without saying a word,always supporting me but dying from inside, a feeling he never ever showed,
A masochist being He,sometimes I wish He would have told me atleast once,put a doubt at my ignorance;before I took that long winding road.

So I sat in my favourite corner,alone in the dark.crying,thinking,contemplating.

Days turned into months,I had forgotten my minute guilt.Living the life I had in my dreams,I couldn't believe that this was ever going to end,
Didnt hear from him,I thought he was happy too.I'd much cared for him as friend,I thought I had nothing to amend.
There was a subtle sadness Id failed to capture,talked to him after months.But little did I know I was digging deeper into his sadness,
I failed to see,come out of my blissful world when I needed to.My reason; my friendship that I failed to harness

So I sat in my favourite corner,alone in the dark.crying,thinking,contemplating.

I blamed him,for not keeping in touch. I knew I was right, although I could feel the tremors in own world giving me a fright,
There were arguments and fights live every one has, a small unrest thrown in, felt I was being controlled in my s,ky like a kite.
I told him about my problems,and all he did was help me out like a true friend.I was lucky to have someone like him so close,
As I battled my way,he just kept a smile.I stopped while walking.Is he is the right man I chose.

So I sat in my favourite corner,alone in the dark.crying,thinking,contemplating.

He gave me gifts,surprises and the love I failed to see.He was going,didnt realise his value until the days passed and the time came close,
Didnt give him a farewell he deserved,the future that lay ahead for both of us,no one would know.
I was still sailing in stormy seas whilst He just couldnt hold his tears together anymore,broke down and just let it flow,
I should have known better,the guilt and shame that bled out of me,I couldnt stare at the mirror,somehow I felt wrong now; at the time when he was about to take his bow.
He left, I was coming back to life and for the first time when I needed a friend He wasnt there,
But then the love of my life(pun intended) decided to stand by me for the first time,for a long time I missed the care.

But I was confused,I still felt I made the right decision. I was under a rough patch,but it all cleared up as he left and my love life suddenly became clear,as he going away brought us near.

So I sat in my favourite corner,alone in the dark.crying,thinking,contemplating.

A couple of years gone by,I still hear his voice.But He ponders on coming back,as it strikes me the love was all a mirage,
I start feeling the guilt again,and this time Im sure it was him all along.But the words dont come as I live a life of accepting my fate.
I can still feel the love,miles away from me,fading away.Its a long time that I made him wait.
But I give in,I didnt have the guts to listen to my heart.A coward I was as I made my way back to the start.
He slowly disappeared, throwing disgust as I settled with the 'happy' love of my life who I thought was perfect,But I knew it wasnt.I convinced it was meant to be,swallowed my guilt,my life's final draft.

So I sat in my favourite corner,alone in the dark.crying,thinking,contemplating.

I wondered if I he was with me,I think that was how it was meant to be.But....
I wish I had taken that chance,to enjoy that summer dance.
I just know Ive made a mistake that I cannot turn back time and erase.
If only....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

U r writing from a girlz perspective? And somehow I'm suddenly too tired to cook up a nasty comment!!

Anonymous said...

and that "true friend"...who "din get a farewell he deserved"...that's Ajay Menon!!I'M BACK TOOOOO!!!

Ajay Menon said...

well thats not me,its just a lot of hindi movies and videos.Im filmy

Ajay Menon said...

;-)