Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ye joh shahar hai mera



Alright its a cheesy caption,but I miss my city.I'm patriotic about India,but its the city;my home Mumbai which I'm emotionally connected to more than any other city in India.Born and bred there,there is not a single city in this world which I can ever call a home or where I can belong to,where I can settle in.

My people,the places,my life passes through in glimpses as I sit and type this.A faint memory turns into a shower of emotions when I think of the life I had in my home.I left my home to grow up and experience life but the moment I went away Mumbai was calling me back.I couldnt stop crying when I first arrived in Guildford,but then slowly life moved on and the bond became much stronger.A funny thing here,when people ask me where I hail from I say Mumbai.Unfortunately the Malus havent taken this kindly.They sort of label me as a traitor to Kerala,you know a feeling what the foreign born Indians feel when someone from India comes about in touch with them.They're confused about ethnicity and nationality.

Well I dont give a rats arse to what people think,Ive spent all of my 21 years back in Mumbai and there is nothing in the world to repay what that beautiful city has given me.Whatever comes on her,she takes it and despite all the calamities in recent times all (man made) including the floods Mumbai will always stand firm.The people,my people and our culture.People from other cities in India read Delhi for example always are jealous.They wouldnt accept that although they feel they are superior than us,Mumbaikars are the reason why the whole country runs and will reach great heights in the future.

The pollution,slums,crowds,dirt & filth,sound pollution etc are all the things I miss.I can see myself kissing the ground when I return back to home(God save the passenger sitting next to me). I'm trying to write it in words but just cant think of any.There's so much to tell.
I miss everything,there is not a single day where I havent thought of going back for good,although life in England is touch wood quite ok now.

I can hear Mumbai calling me...

2 comments:

kanika said...

Hey,

The feeling is mutual and I actually did kiss the Mumbai grounds when i came back for the first time..

Shanu said...

I know how u feel...no matter how much i try to get away from Mumbai's madness, i miss it the minute i m away...Mumbai cannot b explained...it has to be experienced!!