Sunday, July 27, 2008

My weight gain programme

As i bid adieu to my city the final farewell Im giving her is by eating everything I can which Im not going to eat atleast for the next 9 years or more.Firstly it has to be the irani food.The berry pualo,omlettes,brun maska pav-chai,raspberry soda etc.The nan kattai biskoot,the mawa cakes etc have all been tested and tried and the famous locales have been visited.Cafe leopolds made famous now because of mr.Shantarma is a must visit.I still have to go to Soul fry casa for its beer and sea food,altho Im an eggie but still.
Irani is what Ive discovered lately and Ive fallen in love with its simplicity and deightful taste.The dishes are underpriced I feel.I mean a black forest pastry chilled with fresh cream for 20 bucks!!!Monginis is hit and man these parsi bakers compete with birdys or an international bakery outlet for that matter.20 bucks in todays world.Id gone with my best buds for a sunday morning drive and breakfast and our bill came to 309 rs! And we are hoggards man,the worlds finest.Dino moreas place sells an omlette for 150 bucks.The bread quality sucks,whilst the iranis insist on freshly baked dough.I felt i was in the ;1970s.The whole experience has made me feel that Im reborn,i was sent back to the time when life was much bettter in mumbai,less people,pollution etc.I was tears,also my friends and right now we've made town our home who cares if Ive put on like 7 kgs.
Why does todays generation insist on fast food joints like Mcdonalds or Pizza parlours??
But if you ever want to revisit the past of our city,you know the right person to call.
Man I sounded like a tour guide

1 comment:

kanika said...

Irani food..Where is this place? When are you leaving buddy?