Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why?

Looking around I see sacrifices made by men with valor as they lie down dead
A father, a son, a brother, a friend, sole winner of the entire family’s bread
The smell still fresh in the air like in a human grocery store selling flesh and blood
Countless dying for a cause so reckless that even the gods ashamed bury their faces in mud
I see a widow, an orphan with no tears in their eyes as they have done in to the grief
Their future bleak they ask Allah why they have to suffer why we get swept away by the breeze
They just keep on asking him why, where the lords shine and dine in their triumph and success
For their own political might and avarice their skeletons anonymous and secure in the boxes
The ones caught in the nexus are us, we the people who meaninglessly put our lives online
Some brainwashed, some for pride give away their souls as a dakshina in the name of the sacred shrine
I look further, dust and rubble around me, the sun glaring down where houses stood before
They weren’t villas but they were homes for families filled with love which you can’t find in this world anymore
Playgrounds made in to graveyards, roads into battlefields the only sound I can hear of the paramedical teams
Im not scared anymore of the sounds of explosions or of helpless people’s screams
Im used to blood shed it happens everyday but I ask why or whom is this giving satanic pleasure
Is it the devil who plays or are we getting the fruits we deserve, why take away our happiness that we treasure
I have never ridden a bike; played on lawns, I was born in the world of hatred fear
Running away from death finding solace as soon as possible gives out the victory cheer
I am not oblivious anymore I demand answers for all this mayhem, why god why
But all I get is a cold shoulder and orders to sit in that dark corner and cry
We are not refugees this is our home land our place of birth, this is my country
I can’t bear to see houses burnt to dust stop this war this is pure infiltry
The lessons we learn from school is not education but fear of arms and ammunition
Yet no one comes forward in a force so strong to stop this human death fair of attrition
We have no proper food forget about the clothes and place to save our heads
Ive been living alone since the day I saw them blown up into shreds
I cried and cried all night and went hungry for days together
But I pray that that all this ends a hope which will dampen never
The hoot of the aero plane sends a rush as they send out packets of food
I walk with a single leg, crippled but I will fight for me and my country as a true hero should

No comments: