Monday, February 7, 2011

Dhaani (1/3 for St.Valentines 2011)


                                                      "DHAANI"
Till date, when everybody asks everybody '' Describe the qualities that you ideally want in your partner'' or ''who is the perfect girl for you?'' et al genre of questions. I could never come up with a name or traits any time. Albeit, in my ever present state of humour I tend to throw answers like 'she should like sport -football' or 'drink and smoke' (I do prefer the former though), the facts remained shrouded in mystery until now. I am old fashioned and filmy living in the 70's or any era from the past that supported my eccentricity, modern times have made the world hypocrites, materialistic and cynical. The mystery still remains in a veil, as the song from one of my favourite Pakistani bands come across my head. I heard 'Dhaani' years back, without realising its true meaning, until it caught my attention and I was blown away!  A beautiful poetry based on a simple woman I concluded. It is magically woven by Anwar Maqsood Saab who makes you believe that he is personifying the winds, rivers and the beauty of  nature overall.

Below are the words - 

"dhaani
re dhaani
chunariya
dhaani, re dhaani...chunariya
kude baadal ke saiye may lehraye gi
mujhe tadpaye gi, chali jaye gi
jaisay bijuriya
mastaani...
re jhoke ki surat may chu jaye gi
sharmaye gi aur itraye gi
jaisai nadiya
deewaani...
dhaani, re dhaani chunariya
haye dhaani...
saaye may uske barso ka jaaga
mein so jaau
uski sajti savarti dhanak mein
main ghar banau
apnay ghar main kaee chand tare utaru sajau
khushbuo say bhare raasto mein kho jau

kude baadal ke saye may lehraye gi
mujhe tarpaye gi, chali jaye gi
jaisay bijuriya
mastaani...
dhaani
re dhaani
chunariya
haye dhaani
tan uske baarish mein dhul ke hai ghiste
aur nikharte
ruh uski zamino ke chehro se milte
aur damakte
uske andaz jaise hai mausam aate jaate
usse sargam bhi haste haste jagmagate

kude baadal ke saiye may lehraye gi
mujhe tarpaye gi, chali jaye gi
jaisay bijuriya
mastaani...
dhaani
re dhaani
chunariya
dhaani, re dhaani...chunariya
dhaani re..."


The video is also a representation of independent women, driving a truck, being a mechanic, running a restaurant, or a paan place or a saloon. Featuring one of the most beautiful women of all time I believe - Zeba Bakhtiyar. 

This song sends me into an epiphany, a unreal state of ecstasy and pure joy. The words pierce through, and hence forth, if any body asks me about 'the perfect----', they can refer to my blog entry called 'Dhaani' ;)






This concludes my 1st part of my 3 part series on the occasion of  St.Valentines 2011.

                                                                      (----------)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! I always knew the kind of girl who would be perfect for u ;-)
Awaiting the remaining two parts.....write soon :-)

Ajay Menon said...

grazie jee!!! feels good that u comment on my blog some times atleast :P...!!! thanks :)

Unknown said...

This was an honest pouring of once heart on to the paper which is very very difficult for some and impossible for most...
I was always fond reading ur blogs. but while some came from ur brain and or other places from u this for sure came from ur heart...
And I hope it keeps coming.
U the man bro... gud work...